You know those certain dishes that are just the best to make when friends and family are over for dinner? One of the things I love the most about making our meals is knowing where the ingredients come from and exactly what is in the food that I am feeding myself and my family. So often, at restaurants, we get so much undesired sodium and at a higher price point then necessary.
Branzino is one of those amazing dishes that is so easy to make,is super yummy, and always makes an great impression!
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 475º.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse off the fish inside and out and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper in a mixing bowl and spice the lemon/s.
- With a basting brush coat the inside and outside of the fish with the olive oil mix.
- Spread out a handful of the mint inside of the fish and top it with about 3-4 lemon slices.
- Add 3-4 lemon slices on top of the branzino along with more mint — this adds flavor and also helps keeps the fish closed.
- Take another piece of foil and put on top of the fish folding it along the pan and leaving a gap on each end to “tent” the fish.
- Bake at 475º for 15-20 minutes if it’s a 2lb fish add on an extra 5-7 minutes.
Roasted Brussel sprouts + cherry tomatoes
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
1 pack organic cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all and either sprinkle
- On top of the branzino or put in a separate roasting dish.
- Bake at same
- Time same temp.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
1 pack organic shredded brussel sprouts
Extra virgin olive I’ll
- Lighting oil the bottom or a roasting pan or a piece of foil with the edges curled up.
- Put the brussel sprouts in a mixing bowl and sprinkle till lightly coated with the evoo and sprinkle to taste with salt & pepper.
- Mix all ingredients untill nicely coated and put in pan or foil.
- Put in the oven at 450º — 475º for about 15/20 min.
* If the fish needs longer, take the sprouts out and keep covered + warm.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 1-2lb branzino
- Purchase a whole*
- Branzino from your local fish market. Ask them to remove the read and tail, descale + debone it. You want it butterflied in order to stuff it.
- 1-2 lemons depending on the fishes size
- a large bunch of Mint
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) salt and a pinch of pepper
* Purchase a whole
[You can also add thyme & rosemary]
Photo Credit: Cherie Nicole Photography